Skip to main content

Wow, I suck.

Dear Nathalie,

Turns out mommy is pretty awful at this blogging thing. It's been 9 months since my last letter to you. So much has happened, I don't know how I can possibly capture it all, but I'll try to give a quick rundown of how the year has gone.

We had lots of fun on our many trips to Disneyland. It's our special time together doing something we both LOVE. Watching your reaction on rides and during parades is one of my favorite things. I'm glad we're able to enjoy the parks together.

                                    


You turned EIGHT!!!! We went to the American Girl store for you birthday and ate at the cafe. It was entirely too expensive but, you know what, you can't take it with you. 



So. Many. Brownie. Adventures. 
Cookies sales, Brownie Camp, and most of all......your first summer sleep away camp!!!! You were gone for almost a full week! It was harder on mommy than it was on you. Such a big girl and I was so excited that you came back with a good experience on your first adventure away from home on your own. 

                


We started reading Harry Potter!!! By the time school started you had pretty much finished through Goblet of Fire. I finished the series, which you're pretty upset at me for doing, but at least I know to slow you down a bit. Still not ready for you to know the fate of your favorite characters just yet....Poor Dobby.



We've had tons of fun together so far this year. You ran (walked) the Color Run with me...we got to see Frozen at the El Capitan Theater, a day in Hollywood......plus, our family road trip this summer.






Our adventures are always grand, dear Nathalie. I'm so happy to have you by my side.

Love,
Mom








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Day

Dear Nathalie, It's "Crazy Day" at your daycare today.  We got you all decked out with three ponytails and mismatched socks and shoes.  Why does this warrant a letter?  Because of the way you asked if I'd take your picture. Nathalie:  Mommy, can we take fashion pictures? Mommy:  uhhhh, yeah, we can take pictures. Nathalie:  Okay, I want to do three fashion pictures. Here's what happened next: Fashion Picture # 1 Fashion Picture #2 Fashion Picture #3 WTF are you watching on tv?  Is Wow Wow Wubbzy something I need to pay closer attention to??  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse features America's Next Top Model?  You are a silly, silly little girl, dear Nathalie. Love, Mom

Nathalie v Concrete

Dear Nathalie,   Your adventures at the day care have been exciting so far and you've only been there THREE days!  It seems as though you possess the grace that I had at your age.  (wah wah)  Did I ever tell you about the time I tripped in the cross walk on my way to kindergarten and skinned both my knees?  What a sight I was....   So, clearly, the nose took a beating in this one, but you handled the whole thing well.  Only four unnecessary bandaids.  Well done.   More importantly than your fall, I wanted this letter to capture a memory I hope to never lose.  We sang your lullaby together tonight.  "You are my Sunshine."  You sang nearly every word with me in the sweetest voice I've ever heard.  It was a make-mommy's-heart-melt kind of moment.  You aren't going to be a baby for much longer.  You're a big kid starting at a big school in a few months.  Now I know what your grandma was talking about when she would tell me that her heart was breaking ev...

Robot Dreams

Dear Nathalie, Tonight, while saying goodnight to everyone, Ron told you to be sure to have sweet dreams. Ron:  Dream of sweet things like ladybugs. Nathalie:  And castles. Ron:  And flowers. Nathalie:  And unicorns. Ron:  And glitter. Nathalie:  And ROBOTS. Then....the dance...... Thanks for the laughs tonight.  You're the best. Love, Mom