Skip to main content

Kindergarten ROCKS!

Dear Nathalie,

We You did it!!!  We You got through your first day of kindergarten!  I'm so proud of you.  Let's add some pictures:

In front of the Kindergarten Area

This was right before we went through the gate.....I promise, you were NOT the only kid that was having their picture taken.  All the mommies and daddies were taking pictures of their babies  big kids starting school for the first time. 

With your nametag

This is the spot where you line up before starting your day.  Kids have been lining up for school since the beginning of time, but you put your own little attitude into it didn't you. 

Nathalie and Chapstick

Just a reminder for you....at your daycare, Sunshine, the counselors there go by nicknames to keep the atmosphere fun, like summer camp.  This picture is of you and Chapstick.  She's the Head Kindergarten Counselor and she was your favorite during the summer program there.  But, you call her Miss Chopstick.  Which I think is hilarious, but she may not. 

That kid up front is the tallest five-year-old I've ever seen in my LIFE.  And he likes you.


So...There you are, all lined up and ready to start your school career.  This is about where I started crying, but not a lot, not like those other sappy parents that were there.  Only a few kids in the whole group were in tears.  You were DEFINITELY not one of them.  I will admit...the further I walked away from you, the more I started crying.  It wasn't the same as leaving you at daycare for the first time...which wasn't hard on me at all....okay, it was.  This was different.  Such a milestone it is to start kindergarten.  Watching you stand there, cool and collected, just made me so proud of the big girl you've grown up to be.  Very confident and sure of yourself, even if a little precocious.  This will be so much fun for you and I'm so excited to watch you blossom even more!

I just love your teacher to pieces.

How awesome is this???  What a great way to capture this memory.  When I picked you up today, you talked nonstop for at least 15 minutes.  What an exciting day you had!  One of my favorite things you said to me when I first picked you up was, "Mommy, kindergarten is SHORT!"  Keep up that enthusiasm, dear Nathalie......You've got so many exciting things ahead of you.

Love,
Mom

Comments

  1. Is Nat going to bag a future NBA player as early as kindergarten? Go Nat! And the Chopstick thing cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations mom, (CROSSED OUT) I mean, Nathalie! If only we could be kids again: so sure, so confident, talking without taking a breath. How exciting!

    and yes, chopsticks/ chap stick = hilarity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Day

Dear Nathalie, It's "Crazy Day" at your daycare today.  We got you all decked out with three ponytails and mismatched socks and shoes.  Why does this warrant a letter?  Because of the way you asked if I'd take your picture. Nathalie:  Mommy, can we take fashion pictures? Mommy:  uhhhh, yeah, we can take pictures. Nathalie:  Okay, I want to do three fashion pictures. Here's what happened next: Fashion Picture # 1 Fashion Picture #2 Fashion Picture #3 WTF are you watching on tv?  Is Wow Wow Wubbzy something I need to pay closer attention to??  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse features America's Next Top Model?  You are a silly, silly little girl, dear Nathalie. Love, Mom

Nathalie v Concrete

Dear Nathalie,   Your adventures at the day care have been exciting so far and you've only been there THREE days!  It seems as though you possess the grace that I had at your age.  (wah wah)  Did I ever tell you about the time I tripped in the cross walk on my way to kindergarten and skinned both my knees?  What a sight I was....   So, clearly, the nose took a beating in this one, but you handled the whole thing well.  Only four unnecessary bandaids.  Well done.   More importantly than your fall, I wanted this letter to capture a memory I hope to never lose.  We sang your lullaby together tonight.  "You are my Sunshine."  You sang nearly every word with me in the sweetest voice I've ever heard.  It was a make-mommy's-heart-melt kind of moment.  You aren't going to be a baby for much longer.  You're a big kid starting at a big school in a few months.  Now I know what your grandma was talking about when she would tell me that her heart was breaking ev...

Late night letter

Dear Nathalie, Mommy had one of her very late nights at work again.  You asked me, again, today when would I be able to stay home with you all the time.  I know you're only five and you don't understand the idea of needing an income, but every time you ask me that I feel so guilty for having to be a working mom.  Yes, it's true, I love what I do.  I'm good at my career...that's why I've been doing it for so long.  But if it were economically possible, mommy would quit her job in a heart beat and stay home with you.  I grew up with two working parents.  I was a daycare kid when I was your age, too.  The whole idea of "stay-at-home-moms" seemed so silly to me before I had you.  But those weeks...those few precious weeks of vacation I have every year, when I DO get to stay home with you.....they are the best weeks of my life.  Not just because I get to spend time with you....that's awesome...but I also get to prepare MEALS for th...