Skip to main content

Seven. Months. Later.

Dear Nathalie,

So, maybe it's been too long. Maybe I left out a whole bunch of amazing things that happened over the past seven months. But I assure you, I've been BUSY. 

Starting in August, I had a million and a half things to accomplish before the end of the year:

1. My store was remodeled and I had to help my team move in and re-open! That was LOTS of work.

2. You started 2nd grade. SECOND.

3. Bridal shower!!! We had a bridal shower to go to and MOMMY was the BRIDE!

4. The Wedding!!!!!! Mommy and Daddy had their wedding in October and it was amazing! We're officially and official family! 

5. Holiday Season at the mall. Mommy's job sucks sometimes. Let's leave it at that. 

6. Girl Scouts started. You, my dear, are a Brownie.

7. Semi Annual Sale rolls around right after the holiday rush....see number 5. 

Finally, mommy can breathe.

I'll post some pictures below, just so you have a visual of all that's gone on since June too.....but I'm excited to write about my new adventure.....Mommy is your Brownie Troop's Cookie Chair! 

That means that I'm in charge of helping your Troop with Cookie Sales this year. All of you are first year Girl Scouts and most of the moms are first year as well....so this should be interesting. Wish me luck and hopefully, we have a kick ass cookie season!!

Remember, dear Nathalie, I may go a long time between letters, but I always come back.

Cheers to 2014!

Love,
Mom


Mommy's New Store!!!

First Day of Second Grade!

Fun in Carlsbad....

You're a Brownie!

Mommy's Bridal Shower

Cheers! 

Helping with Thanksgiving Dinner

Christmas with your Cousins!

Mommy has a lot of work ahead of her!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Nathalie, Day One

Dear Nathalie, This is mommy's first blog and first letter to you.  Stay with me on this, it's all new to me.  Technology moves fast  and there are so many things that are going to change in the coming years, this may seem pretty lame to you by the time you read it.  And yes, in case you're wondering, I did steal the idea from a googlechrome commercial.  Mommy is not all that creative on her own.  But, here we go: You started at a new daycare today!  A new adventure for you that seems to have been pretty easy for you to embark upon.  The second we walked through the playground gate a little boy walked ran up to you.  "Hi!  I'm Nevin.  Let's be friends!  Come play with me on the playground." And off you ran.  No goodbye.  No hug.  No tears.  Such a big girl.  These are the kind of moments I always thought I'd share with your grandma.  I'd drop you off then give her a call and we'd ta...

Late night letter

Dear Nathalie, Mommy had one of her very late nights at work again.  You asked me, again, today when would I be able to stay home with you all the time.  I know you're only five and you don't understand the idea of needing an income, but every time you ask me that I feel so guilty for having to be a working mom.  Yes, it's true, I love what I do.  I'm good at my career...that's why I've been doing it for so long.  But if it were economically possible, mommy would quit her job in a heart beat and stay home with you.  I grew up with two working parents.  I was a daycare kid when I was your age, too.  The whole idea of "stay-at-home-moms" seemed so silly to me before I had you.  But those weeks...those few precious weeks of vacation I have every year, when I DO get to stay home with you.....they are the best weeks of my life.  Not just because I get to spend time with you....that's awesome...but I also get to prepare MEALS for th...

Crazy Day

Dear Nathalie, It's "Crazy Day" at your daycare today.  We got you all decked out with three ponytails and mismatched socks and shoes.  Why does this warrant a letter?  Because of the way you asked if I'd take your picture. Nathalie:  Mommy, can we take fashion pictures? Mommy:  uhhhh, yeah, we can take pictures. Nathalie:  Okay, I want to do three fashion pictures. Here's what happened next: Fashion Picture # 1 Fashion Picture #2 Fashion Picture #3 WTF are you watching on tv?  Is Wow Wow Wubbzy something I need to pay closer attention to??  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse features America's Next Top Model?  You are a silly, silly little girl, dear Nathalie. Love, Mom