Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear Nathalie, Day One

Dear Nathalie,

This is mommy's first blog and first letter to you.  Stay with me on this, it's all new to me.  Technology moves fast  and there are so many things that are going to change in the coming years, this may seem pretty lame to you by the time you read it.  And yes, in case you're wondering, I did steal the idea from a googlechrome commercial.  Mommy is not all that creative on her own.  But, here we go:

You started at a new daycare today!  A new adventure for you that seems to have been pretty easy for you to embark upon.  The second we walked through the playground gate a little boy walked ran up to you. 

"Hi!  I'm Nevin.  Let's be friends!  Come play with me on the playground."

And off you ran.  No goodbye.  No hug.  No tears.  Such a big girl. 

These are the kind of moments I always thought I'd share with your grandma.  I'd drop you off then give her a call and we'd talk about how not so long ago you were just a little bug.  And then she'd tell me about my first days in school and we'd laugh and cry and laugh some more.  But life totally sucks sometimes, and we know grandma can't answer the phone.  Mommy misses her so much sometimes, and I know you tell me you miss her, too.  My worry is that you won't remember her all that much after a few years pass.  But I'll do my best to keep her memory alive for you...share stories, look at pictures, watch videos (there's that ancient technology again.)

Anyway, dear Nathalie,  I really didn't want to get all mushy.  I just want to say that I love you and that I'm so excited for your new adventures....don't grow up too fast.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. You are one cool mom Jen and one lucky little girl Nathalie!

    ReplyDelete