Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Monday, June 20, 2011

"I don't think I feel well."

Dear Nathalie,

You woke up with a fever today and in a strained voice told me you weren't feeling well.  I hate it when you're sick.  I feel like I can't do anything to make it better.  But I try.  I got the most disgusting sore throat medicine they make, but only because it's the only kind available.  I remember how much I hated it when I was little.  One spray on your throat and the smell of the Chloroseptic brought me back to the days I would get sore throats.  It smelled just as awful as I remembered. 

What I love about you, though, is even at your sickest, you are always in the best of spirits.  You laugh and make jokes and smile and ask for hugs and tickles and it's just so amazing.  I hope you wake up feeling better.  Maybe tomorrow we'll get an ice cream when I get off of work.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hope she's feeling better, Jen. Should give her lots of something warm to drink and macaroni and cheese.

    ReplyDelete