Skip to main content

"I don't think I feel well."

Dear Nathalie,

You woke up with a fever today and in a strained voice told me you weren't feeling well.  I hate it when you're sick.  I feel like I can't do anything to make it better.  But I try.  I got the most disgusting sore throat medicine they make, but only because it's the only kind available.  I remember how much I hated it when I was little.  One spray on your throat and the smell of the Chloroseptic brought me back to the days I would get sore throats.  It smelled just as awful as I remembered. 

What I love about you, though, is even at your sickest, you are always in the best of spirits.  You laugh and make jokes and smile and ask for hugs and tickles and it's just so amazing.  I hope you wake up feeling better.  Maybe tomorrow we'll get an ice cream when I get off of work.

Love,
Mom

Comments

  1. Hope she's feeling better, Jen. Should give her lots of something warm to drink and macaroni and cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Day

Dear Nathalie, It's "Crazy Day" at your daycare today.  We got you all decked out with three ponytails and mismatched socks and shoes.  Why does this warrant a letter?  Because of the way you asked if I'd take your picture. Nathalie:  Mommy, can we take fashion pictures? Mommy:  uhhhh, yeah, we can take pictures. Nathalie:  Okay, I want to do three fashion pictures. Here's what happened next: Fashion Picture # 1 Fashion Picture #2 Fashion Picture #3 WTF are you watching on tv?  Is Wow Wow Wubbzy something I need to pay closer attention to??  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse features America's Next Top Model?  You are a silly, silly little girl, dear Nathalie. Love, Mom

Nathalie v Concrete

Dear Nathalie,   Your adventures at the day care have been exciting so far and you've only been there THREE days!  It seems as though you possess the grace that I had at your age.  (wah wah)  Did I ever tell you about the time I tripped in the cross walk on my way to kindergarten and skinned both my knees?  What a sight I was....   So, clearly, the nose took a beating in this one, but you handled the whole thing well.  Only four unnecessary bandaids.  Well done.   More importantly than your fall, I wanted this letter to capture a memory I hope to never lose.  We sang your lullaby together tonight.  "You are my Sunshine."  You sang nearly every word with me in the sweetest voice I've ever heard.  It was a make-mommy's-heart-melt kind of moment.  You aren't going to be a baby for much longer.  You're a big kid starting at a big school in a few months.  Now I know what your grandma was talking about when she would tell me that her heart was breaking ev...

Robot Dreams

Dear Nathalie, Tonight, while saying goodnight to everyone, Ron told you to be sure to have sweet dreams. Ron:  Dream of sweet things like ladybugs. Nathalie:  And castles. Ron:  And flowers. Nathalie:  And unicorns. Ron:  And glitter. Nathalie:  And ROBOTS. Then....the dance...... Thanks for the laughs tonight.  You're the best. Love, Mom