Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nathalie v Concrete

Dear Nathalie,
 
Your adventures at the day care have been exciting so far and you've only been there THREE days!  It seems as though you possess the grace that I had at your age.  (wah wah)  Did I ever tell you about the time I tripped in the cross walk on my way to kindergarten and skinned both my knees?  What a sight I was....
 
So, clearly, the nose took a beating in this one, but you handled the whole thing well.  Only four unnecessary bandaids.  Well done.
 
More importantly than your fall, I wanted this letter to capture a memory I hope to never lose.  We sang your lullaby together tonight.  "You are my Sunshine."  You sang nearly every word with me in the sweetest voice I've ever heard.  It was a make-mommy's-heart-melt kind of moment.  You aren't going to be a baby for much longer.  You're a big kid starting at a big school in a few months.  Now I know what your grandma was talking about when she would tell me that her heart was breaking every time I got taller.  Babies grow up and move away.  They make new friends and form opinions.  Sooner or later, babies aren't dependent on their mommies anymore.
 
I love you, bug.  Please keep that sweet voice as long as you can.
 
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog! Nattie you have the bestest mom!
    Love, Aunt Elaine

    ReplyDelete