Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hugs

Dear Nathalie,

You will find moments in your life where nothing, absolutely NOTHING will make you feel better than a hug from your baby.

I just had one of those moments and you are not here.  You went to Las Vegas this weekend with Ron and the boys to visit the Barretts while mommy had to work...it happens sometimes and it's not that big a deal. 

But, this morning I heard some very sad news and all I wanted to do was hold you.  I called Ron and talked to him a bit and he asked if I wanted to talk to you and at first I said no.  Because I didn't want you to hear me crying.   But I stayed on the phone and calmed down a bit and finally asked to talk with you. 

And it was just what I needed.

You drew a picture for me and wrote me a note, just like you told you me you would when you were away.  I can't wait to see it, dear Nathalie.  And I can't wait to hug you on Monday.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment