Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wow, I suck.

Dear Nathalie,

Turns out mommy is pretty awful at this blogging thing. It's been 9 months since my last letter to you. So much has happened, I don't know how I can possibly capture it all, but I'll try to give a quick rundown of how the year has gone.

We had lots of fun on our many trips to Disneyland. It's our special time together doing something we both LOVE. Watching your reaction on rides and during parades is one of my favorite things. I'm glad we're able to enjoy the parks together.

                                    


You turned EIGHT!!!! We went to the American Girl store for you birthday and ate at the cafe. It was entirely too expensive but, you know what, you can't take it with you. 



So. Many. Brownie. Adventures. 
Cookies sales, Brownie Camp, and most of all......your first summer sleep away camp!!!! You were gone for almost a full week! It was harder on mommy than it was on you. Such a big girl and I was so excited that you came back with a good experience on your first adventure away from home on your own. 

                


We started reading Harry Potter!!! By the time school started you had pretty much finished through Goblet of Fire. I finished the series, which you're pretty upset at me for doing, but at least I know to slow you down a bit. Still not ready for you to know the fate of your favorite characters just yet....Poor Dobby.



We've had tons of fun together so far this year. You ran (walked) the Color Run with me...we got to see Frozen at the El Capitan Theater, a day in Hollywood......plus, our family road trip this summer.






Our adventures are always grand, dear Nathalie. I'm so happy to have you by my side.

Love,
Mom








No comments:

Post a Comment