Skip to main content

Mommies Get Sick Too

Dear Nathalie,

I know it's hard to believe. We seem like superheros that can't be stopped ... but mommies get sick, too.

I've been feeling a under the weather since Saturday night and finally went to the doctor today. I have strep throat. You were there with me when the doctor said I should keep the talking to a minimum.

Immediately after we left, you were non-stop questions.

I know it's not in your nature to be quiet. Or to ever. stop. talking. But really, kid, mommy needs a break.

In other news, parts for the Wizard of Oz were announced on Friday. You did not get the part of Dorothy, which you seem to be totally okay with....you WILL be playing the part of "Oz Person." You're excited for this because it means I will paint your fingernails green.

Also, we enjoyed "Take your daughter to work day" this year.....Photos below. You told me my job was hard and boring and that it's no wonder that I'm tired at the end of the day. (You were there for 2 hours doing the easiest part of what I do.)

Also, you lost your top left tooth.

It was a busy week, dear Nathalie. I need my rest.

Love,
Mom







Comments

  1. It's true! Mommies do need rest and DESERVE it! nathalie is lucky to have such a thoughtful mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Day

Dear Nathalie, It's "Crazy Day" at your daycare today.  We got you all decked out with three ponytails and mismatched socks and shoes.  Why does this warrant a letter?  Because of the way you asked if I'd take your picture. Nathalie:  Mommy, can we take fashion pictures? Mommy:  uhhhh, yeah, we can take pictures. Nathalie:  Okay, I want to do three fashion pictures. Here's what happened next: Fashion Picture # 1 Fashion Picture #2 Fashion Picture #3 WTF are you watching on tv?  Is Wow Wow Wubbzy something I need to pay closer attention to??  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse features America's Next Top Model?  You are a silly, silly little girl, dear Nathalie. Love, Mom

Late night letter

Dear Nathalie, Mommy had one of her very late nights at work again.  You asked me, again, today when would I be able to stay home with you all the time.  I know you're only five and you don't understand the idea of needing an income, but every time you ask me that I feel so guilty for having to be a working mom.  Yes, it's true, I love what I do.  I'm good at my career...that's why I've been doing it for so long.  But if it were economically possible, mommy would quit her job in a heart beat and stay home with you.  I grew up with two working parents.  I was a daycare kid when I was your age, too.  The whole idea of "stay-at-home-moms" seemed so silly to me before I had you.  But those weeks...those few precious weeks of vacation I have every year, when I DO get to stay home with you.....they are the best weeks of my life.  Not just because I get to spend time with you....that's awesome...but I also get to prepare MEALS for th...

Dear Nathalie, Day One

Dear Nathalie, This is mommy's first blog and first letter to you.  Stay with me on this, it's all new to me.  Technology moves fast  and there are so many things that are going to change in the coming years, this may seem pretty lame to you by the time you read it.  And yes, in case you're wondering, I did steal the idea from a googlechrome commercial.  Mommy is not all that creative on her own.  But, here we go: You started at a new daycare today!  A new adventure for you that seems to have been pretty easy for you to embark upon.  The second we walked through the playground gate a little boy walked ran up to you.  "Hi!  I'm Nevin.  Let's be friends!  Come play with me on the playground." And off you ran.  No goodbye.  No hug.  No tears.  Such a big girl.  These are the kind of moments I always thought I'd share with your grandma.  I'd drop you off then give her a call and we'd ta...