Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wizard of Oz

Dear Nathalie,

Your first grade class is performing The Wizard of Oz at the end of the year. I guess it's a tradition at your school or something. Spencer and Devin both did it. Spencer was a flying monkey and Devin was a munchkin.

You first learned about this play last year, in kindergarten, when your class got to watch the first graders do their dress rehearsal. From that day, all you could talk about was how you were going to be Dorothy in the play when YOU were a first grader.

Auditions were yesterday.

I asked you how you did, and you said, "I don't want to brag, so I'll say I did just as well as everyone else."

Ha!!! Confidence! I love it.

So now, we wait to see if you got the part of Dorothy. I'm happy to report that you seem to be just fine with being an Oz person if you don't get to be Dorothy, but I really hope you get it. I've got my Facebook Army rooting for you!

Best of luck to you, dear Nathalie.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment