Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Thursday, June 6, 2013

The things we do for our children.

Dear Nathalie,

Your Wizard of Oz play is this evening. My plan was to drop you off and run a few errands before the play started.

I was informed by your teacher that it would be wise to head over and get in line for a seat.
So, here I am.

I've been sitting here for close to half an hour already.

On the floor.

Of an elementary school hallway.

It's incredibly uncomfortable and in the end, I'm almost certain that I won't even really be able to see you anyway. But, you've been working hard for this play. And even though you wanted to be Dorothy, in your mind "Oz Person" is just as sweet a role. I caught a sneak peek of you in costume heading to the stage with your friends. You look about as adorable as I expected.

Break a leg kiddo. Meanwhile, I'll break my back here on the floor.
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Wish I was there. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well! She did a great job on her dance and when it was time to say her name, she was super confident! Not all shy like some of the other kids.

      ps....she would have been a great Dorothy. ;)

      Delete