Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Artist's Journal

Dear Nathalie,

When we went to Canada, we bought you a little notebook.  Today you wanted to start drawing in it.  These are your first three pictures.  The first one is you playing baseball.  You wanted to draw yourself in an Angels uniform, but when I told you they wore white, you told me white crayons don't work.  The second one is a picture of your favorite thing.  A big bowl of macaroni and cheese!  The last one is my favorite.  You described it as a picture of you "listening to a melody."  Keep it up, dear Nathalie.  You are an inspired artist.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment