Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kindergarten ROCKS!

Dear Nathalie,

We You did it!!!  We You got through your first day of kindergarten!  I'm so proud of you.  Let's add some pictures:

In front of the Kindergarten Area

This was right before we went through the gate.....I promise, you were NOT the only kid that was having their picture taken.  All the mommies and daddies were taking pictures of their babies  big kids starting school for the first time. 

With your nametag

This is the spot where you line up before starting your day.  Kids have been lining up for school since the beginning of time, but you put your own little attitude into it didn't you. 

Nathalie and Chapstick

Just a reminder for you....at your daycare, Sunshine, the counselors there go by nicknames to keep the atmosphere fun, like summer camp.  This picture is of you and Chapstick.  She's the Head Kindergarten Counselor and she was your favorite during the summer program there.  But, you call her Miss Chopstick.  Which I think is hilarious, but she may not. 

That kid up front is the tallest five-year-old I've ever seen in my LIFE.  And he likes you.


So...There you are, all lined up and ready to start your school career.  This is about where I started crying, but not a lot, not like those other sappy parents that were there.  Only a few kids in the whole group were in tears.  You were DEFINITELY not one of them.  I will admit...the further I walked away from you, the more I started crying.  It wasn't the same as leaving you at daycare for the first time...which wasn't hard on me at all....okay, it was.  This was different.  Such a milestone it is to start kindergarten.  Watching you stand there, cool and collected, just made me so proud of the big girl you've grown up to be.  Very confident and sure of yourself, even if a little precocious.  This will be so much fun for you and I'm so excited to watch you blossom even more!

I just love your teacher to pieces.

How awesome is this???  What a great way to capture this memory.  When I picked you up today, you talked nonstop for at least 15 minutes.  What an exciting day you had!  One of my favorite things you said to me when I first picked you up was, "Mommy, kindergarten is SHORT!"  Keep up that enthusiasm, dear Nathalie......You've got so many exciting things ahead of you.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Is Nat going to bag a future NBA player as early as kindergarten? Go Nat! And the Chopstick thing cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations mom, (CROSSED OUT) I mean, Nathalie! If only we could be kids again: so sure, so confident, talking without taking a breath. How exciting!

    and yes, chopsticks/ chap stick = hilarity!

    ReplyDelete