Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Picture Day!

Dear Nathalie,

Tomorrow is picture day at school!  I'm so excited for this, I can't even describe it.  Kindergarten!!  I still can't believe it.  Back to School Night is Thursday and I really can't wait to hear what your teacher has to say about you.  Here are my predictions:

"Nathalie is such a talkative kid."
or
"Nathalie really is a social butterfly."
or
"Nathalie thinks she knows everything, doesn't she!"

I'll update you when I get home Thursday night.

In other news, you added more pictures to your journal.  You've hidden it from me at the moment, so I can't take any pictures to post right now.  But you drew a robot, and.....I can't remember.  I'm super exhausted from the long week I just wrapped up.  Mommy is off work for the next two days and I plan to spend some quality time with you on at least ONE of them.  I miss you!  Since you're in school now we don't get to spend my weekdays off along anymore.  I think you're missing me a lot too....well....more than usual.  I had anticipated this happening, but the report from Chapstick is that you have been pretty emotional that past few days....so I'll be sure to hug you lots and lots on my next day off.  Until then, dear Nathalie, keep up those wonderful drawings and keep making new friends at school.....that's more funny than boring ol' mommy.

Love,
Mom

1 comment: