Nathalie is my daughter. When she started her adventure into elementary school, I thought I should start recording my thoughts before they fluttered away with the rest of my memory.







Friday, July 29, 2011

Times Two

Dear Nathalie,

This letter is two-fold.

First:
STOP GROWING!!!

Look at you.  Who do you think you are???  This was this morning before leaving for daycare.  You picked out your own outfit and wanted to wear black shoes to match your "blue-ish/black-ish dress."  You started to go for argyle kneehighs....but thankfully changed your mind.  I can't believe how much you are changing literally EVERY DAY.  I'm not an overly emotional mommy, but I just know that my heart will break the day you start kindergarten.  Anyway, I guess I can't stop it from happening, so I'll be grateful for the fact that you are turning into a pretty cool kid.  Even though you have a bit of an attitude sometimes, you're turning out to be alright.  I'm incredibly impressed. 

Secondly:

We are certain you will open your own breakfast restaurant someday.  Every morning, some of the first words out of your mouth are:  My tummy is rumbly.  Can I have breakfast?  Who's going to get me breakfast?  I don't know what I should have for breakfast. 

It's really quite amuzing.  This picture was taken the morning I told you to go wait for me in the living room until I used the restroom and brushed my teeth.  When I came out of my room, I found you sitting at the table, plate and cup ready to go!  You crack me up, kiddo.  Breakfast is your favorite meal of the day.  I think it's awesome.  Slightly annoying.  But awesome.  

You've been awfully clingy lately.  Not sure why.  A lot of the guilt trip stuff:  Mommy, can you stay home with me all the time?  Mommy, I wish you could always be here with me.

I hate to go over this again, but someday you will understand why mommy has to work.  I would stay home with you if I could.  In a hot minute.  But for now, I can't.  You'll be fine, dear Nathalie.  Lot's of kids are daycare kids.  And you....are.....AWESOME.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment